Job Opening – Feline Care Coordinator
Job Description: The Feline Care Coordinator is responsible for five core areas of operations:
1. Feline care and safety which encompasses feeding and water, extensive cleaning, select cat medical care tasks (nail clipping, medication administration) and other checklist items
2. Facility cleaning including daily and intra-day litter and accident cleaning, laundry, sweeping, equipment maintenance, dishwashing, and other deep clean activities as detailed on checklists
3. Boarding management via customer intake/outtake, care of felines in boarding, cleaning of boarding units between visitors, and detailed boarding record keeping
4. Support of feline adoptions via application intake/review/processing and associated record keeping maintenance
5. Manage elements of rescue partner coordination, including assessing cat health and taking all necessary quarantine steps if required, with the help of other team members. This person will also have cleaning responsibilities and maintenance of the cat care room, cat lounge, retail area, café, and restrooms. Adherence to COVID-19 enhanced cleaning and check-in procedures (detailed below in Appendix A) now in effect or as later amended, is also required.
Personal Qualities: We are seeking a positive, proactive, self-starter individual with a passion for animal welfare and someone who is comfortable interacting with the public. She/he/they should be highly responsible, personable, dependable, and trustworthy. Specific attributes include:
Excellent verbal and written skills including across the team and with managers and owners required
The ability to take direction from General Manager or owners and follow through
The desire to work as a team member
Reports all customer complaints to the General Manager
The ability to communicate effectively with other employees, business partners, and vendors is required
Responds proactively to prevent customer service issues, and is solution based, not problem focused
Qualifications / Experience Required: Minimum 18 months to 2 years or more of customer facing experience in a public facing role such as a restaurant, retail store, hotel, or other customer service work. Willingness to adhere to various business policies required. Prior work or volunteer experience with a veterinarian hospital, feline rescue or cat café operation is highly preferred.
Ability to adhere to detailed cleaning procedures, manage daily checklists, open/close a business facility alone, and provide daily reports on cat care and cat welfare
The Feline Care Coordinator will need to be very observant of the physical well-being of the foster and boarded cats and able to assess the cats’ health and take appropriate actions as needed including moving cats to quarantine and contacting rescue partners for pickup
Comfort with administering various medications orally, topical flea medications, trimming cat’s nails, and recording such
Experience That Would Be A Plus: Any formal veterinarian tech training or related certification or job experience would be a plus.
Physical Requirements: The Feline Care Coordinator must be willing and able to handle the physical requirements of cat care and managing the public, including standing/walking for periods of time up to 8 hours, moving efficiently through the cat lounge, and cat care support areas. This employee will have
cleaning responsibilities including sweeping, wiping spills off surfaces, sterilizing surfaces, keeping bathrooms tidy and trash removal. Restocking basic supplies during a shift if needed. This employee should be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds (examples: light furniture, trash removal, cats inside cat
carriers). We do A LOT OF CLEANING at Daily Mews, and if you are not open to regular cleaning, this may not be the best job for you.
Other requirements include:
Deep-cleaning the facility regularly which is physically demanding work
Heavy daily cleaning responsibilities including: litter box care, feeding cats, washing cat bowls, soaking and washing litter boxes and walk-off mats, laundering cat beds and cat sleeping, materials, sweeping, mopping, trash removal, and other physical work
Proper measurement and mixing of cleaning products
Boarding cat intake and out-take and boarded cat care
Ordering, receiving, moving, and lifting cat care room supplies
This employee must also be able to lift up to 30 pounds (examples: litter boxes, cat food bags, linen boxes, trash removal, and cats in cat carriers)
Lifting more than 30 pounds should be done with two team members and also make use of a two wheeled hand dolly when practical to the item being moved
Wide range of motion including using step ladders and cleaning high shelves
Technical Items: Available to work at least 5-20 hours or more during planned business hours which includes weekends. Business hours are Thurs/Friday/Sat/Sun 11am-5pm. Shifts supporting boarding and adoption activities can be scheduled outside of normal business hours.
Hourly pay starting between $10-$12 plus regular opportunities for quarterly raises and bonuses.
To apply, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mon: 11am - 3pm
Tues & Wed: Closed
Thurs & Friday: 11am - 5pm
Sat & Sun: 11am - 6pm
We have ten free onsite parking spaces located in front of our cafe as well as additional street parking located on Buford Avenue next to Time Out Youth. We are wheelchair accessible and have a full ADA ramp for easy entry for all.